- CULJP updates the job postings regularly. Have a job to advertise? Email us at email@example.com.
- Additional job postings are often available at the Law and Society Association's Positions and Fellowships Page; that page is updated regularly.
Positions with Upcoming Deadlines
- The Politics Department at UC Santa Cruz is hiring a tenure-track assistant professor of non-Western political and legal thought. The Department is interested in scholarship that examines the politics of legal thinking, and/or that examines the intersections of political thought and the law. Candidates will be expected to teach in both the undergraduate Politics and Legal Studies majors, and the Politics PhD program. The application deadline is September 29, 2017. For more information, visit https://recruit.ucsc.edu/apply/JPF00458.
- Law, Politics, and Society at Drake University seeks a teacher-scholar doing interdisciplinary sociolegal scholarship focusing on global legal studies, human rights, science/technology, or practices of the legal profession. Successful candidates will teach upper and lower division electives in their areas of expertise, and contribute to major requirements. We especially seek a candidate who contributes to excellent education for diverse student populations, and desire to be active member of a department with strong commitments to university service. 3:3 teaching load; strong support for research and professional development. Submit detailed cover letter, c.v., and the names of three references to https://drake.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=43193&job=assistant-professor-of-law-politics-society-998529 by October 1.
- The Department of Political Science at Purdue University seeks applications for a tenure-track assistant professor in Administrative Law and Policy. The position will start in August 2018.
- The successful candidate will have an active research agenda and be able to teach administrative law and public policy classes to undergraduate and graduate students in political science and to contribute to an anticipated professional master’s program in public policy. We are especially interested in candidates who can teach administrative law and policy in one or more of the department’s cross-cutting research areas in the politics of groups and identities; environmental politics and policy; and human security and political violence. We also welcome applications from candidates who can teach constitutional law. Desired qualifications include the ability to attract external funding; the potential for teaching excellence; and a commitment to diversity and inclusion. A Ph.D. in Political Science, Public Policy, or a related discipline is required.
- Founded in 1869, Purdue is a research-intensive institution and a public land-grant university. The Political Science Department is home to the journal Politics, Groups, and Identities. Faculty members are actively involved with several interdisciplinary programs and centers, including the Advanced Methods cluster, the Building Sustainable Communities initiative, the Center for the Environment, the Center for Research on Diversity and Inclusion, Peace Studies, Asian Studies, the Purdue Systems Collaboratory, and the Purdue Policy Research Institute. Many faculty hold joint appointments or affiliations with other departments and programs, including Communication, African American Studies, Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, and Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. The department offers graduate certificates in Social Policy and Environmental Policy to students across campus. The department is also home to the director of the award-winning C-SPAN Archives, located at the Purdue Research Park.
- Application materials should be submitted electronically as .pdf attachments to Ms. Annie Wheeldon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include curriculum vitae, graduate transcript, three letters of reference, a sample of written work, instructional materials such as syllabi and course evaluations, and a cover letter discussing the applicant’s qualifications for the position.
- Purdue University’s Department of Political Science is committed to advancing diversity in all areas of faculty effort, including scholarship, instruction, and engagement. Candidates should address at least one of these areas in their cover letter, indicating their past experiences, current interests or activities, and/or future goals to promote a climate that values diversity and inclusion.
- Review of applications will begin October 2, 2017, and continue until the position is filled. Questions should be addressed to search committee chair Dr. Patricia Boling, email@example.com. A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- The George Mason University Department of Criminology, Law and Society invites applicants for two full-time, Tenure-Track Assistant Professor positions to start August 2018. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- The Department of Criminology, Law and Society is a multidisciplinary unit that offers degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels. Our graduate program balances theory, empirical research, and policy applications. Our undergraduate program has concentrations in law and society, criminal justice, and homeland security.
- For full consideration, applicants must apply by October 18, 2017 for position number F7661z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, CV, and no more than three representative research articles. Also, three letters of recommendation should be sent directly from the provider, either through email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or via
USPS mail to:
Ms. Sharon Corradino
Criminology, Law, and Society
George Mason University
4400 University Drive, MS 4F4
Fairfax, VA 22030
Inquiries about the position can be addressed to the department chair, David Wilson, at email@example.com.
- Doane University, a nationally recognized liberal arts and sciences university in Nebraska invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position as an Assistant Professor of Law, Politics, and Society. J.D. or Ph.D.required, ABD considered.
Law, Politics and Society is an interdisciplinary liberal arts major that guides students on an exploration of the multiple political, philosophical, sociological, economic, and cultural bases of law while helping them to develop skills to engage as responsible citizens as well as pursue advanced studies or careers in law, public service, or related fields. Teaching responsibilities may include the following courses: Legal Environment of Business, Commercial Law, Constitutional Law, Current Legal Issues, Women in Power, International Legal Environment, Introduction to Law, Politics, and Society, and Seminar in Law Politics and Society, as well as courses in the successful candidate's area of expertise. Additional responsibilities include serving as the Director of the Law, Politics, and Society Program, as well as some scholarship and service. Preference will be given to candidates who are interested in an active learning and teaching environment, value interdisciplinary studies, are committed to teaching to a diverse population of students, include students with different perspectives, and are responsive to student needs.
Doane's mission is to provide an exceptional liberal arts education in a creative, inclusive, and collaborative community where faculty and staff work closely with undergraduate and graduate students preparing them for lives rooted in intellectual inquiry, ethical values, and a commitment to engage as leaders and responsible citizens of the world. Central to our mission, Doane University actively works to create and sustain a welcoming learning community for all members to fulfill their potential, feel valued, and make meaningful contributions to the university. Doane University is an equal opportunity employer and seeks candidates who reflect the diversity of our society.
For more information and to apply,